I really like the new Job Diary Note Threads feature, but I’m running into an issue accessing the information contained in the replies.
From what I can see, the public API does not currently expose threaded replies or reactions. I also tested the ServiceM8 AI connector on a job containing a threaded note: it could see the original Diary note, but none of the replies beneath it.
This means integrations and AI assistants may provide an incomplete job update when important information has been added inside a thread rather than as a separate Diary note.
Is anyone else running into this? Is there a supported way to access thread replies, or does ServiceM8 plan to add them to the API and AI connector?
Hi Anne did you get anywhere with this as its something i have also been looking into. The only thing i could see if the replies are link by the note uuid but there seems to be a cookie passcode attached rather than an api link.
Hi Richard-
I didn’t get any where but I did submit a request with serviceM8 and got this response:
Thanks for your feedback on the ServiceM8 15 update.
We’ve reviewed the current ServiceM8 15 and developer documentation. Although Office Agent, Note Threads & Reactions, and the updated AI connection options are part of the new release, there is currently no documented public API or AI connector access for:
• Office Agent conversations, tasks, memory or outputs
• Replies and reactions within Note Threads
We also don’t have a confirmed release date or published roadmap for exposing this information through integrations.
We’ve recorded your request for these new data types to be made available through the public API and AI connections. For now, Office Agent and Note Threads need to be accessed through their supported ServiceM8 interfaces.